How much do hurricane shutters cost per window? Determining the cost for each window is one way to determine how much it will cost to install hurricane shutters for your entire home. And that is exactly what we answer in this quick guide.
How to find storm shutter cost per window
Your windows will most likely be different sizes. In turn it is important to measure each window to get a more accurate cost. You can use the instructions below to properly measure and calculate the cost for each window.
Pro Tip: this process can be used to get the cost per window, door, and other openings, such as your lanai openings.
Instructions to determine cost of new shutters for each window
- Measure the window you need shutters for. You will measure the width and height of each window or group of windows.
- It is generally easier to measure in inches and divide by 12 to convert each measurement to feet.
- For example, say your window is 36 inches wide and 48 inches high. Divide 36 inches by 12 to get a width of 3 feet. And divide 48 inches by 12 to get a height of 4 feet. So your window is 3 feet wide by 4 feet high.
- Find the square footage for the window. Finding the square feet per window is a straight-forward. Just multiply the width of the window (in feet) by the height of the window (in feet) to get the square footage.
- Square footage (in feet) = width of the window (in feet) X height of the window (in feet)
- Find the cost of storm shutters per window. To find the price of you multiply the square footage of the window by the cost per square foot for the shutters.
- Storm shutters cost per window = square footage of the window X cost per square foot for the shutters
Example: calculating the cost per window
Here is an actual example to help illustrate the process. You can fill in your measurements and follow along.
- You measure your window and learn that it is 2 feet wide by 4 feet high.
- You calculate the square feet of the window by multiplying the width (2 feet) by the height (4 feet) to get a square footage of 8 sqft.
- You decide you want to install accordion shutters on your window(s). So you use our Hurricane Shutters Cost Guide to get an estimated cost per square feet for the shutter, which is $20 – $25/SQFT.
- Calculate the cost per window. Multiply the total square footage of the window by the cost per foot square. This is your estimated cost of accordion shutters for this window.
Finding the Hurricane Shutters Cost Per Window is a fairly simple process. You measure the window’s height and width and multiply them to find the square footage of the window. Then you multiply the square footage of the window by the cost per square foot of the shutter you want.
In order to get an actual cost it is recommended to get a free in-home estimate to get an actual price for your project. If you are looking for hurricane shutters anywhere in Southwest Florida we would love to help you.